PARK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A man drowned in Lake Michigan Saturday.
It happened around 11:15 a.m. at a private beach on the southside of Park Township.
A man was swimming in the water when he was pulled out by waves, the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office said in a release. It said he began to struggle and went underwater.
Good Samaritans were able to find him using paddle boards and pull him to shore, officials say.
They started CPR before the paramedics arrived. Emergency responders performed life-saving efforts but the victim, a 67-year-old man from Mason, died, officials say.
Authorities have not yet identified him.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Eaton County officials search for triple murder suspect
- Take a tour of MSP’s only U.P. forensic lab for Forensic Science Recognition Week
- Dickinson-Iron District Health Department rescinds mask order for schools
- NMU President Erickson voted out by Board of Trustees
- Negaunee Miners show community spirit with Feeding America mobile food pantry