GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The Michigan High School Athletic Association on Friday broke down what playoffs will look like in an unusual season that started late.
Every 11-player team that’s playing is automatically in the playoffs. The playoff field will include 512 teams; because there are only 507 teams, five teams will get first-round byes.
There will be three district rounds, regional finals, semifinals and finals. Finals will be played Dec. 4 through Dec. 6.
Already divided up by division, teams will be seeded 1-8 based on a point average and the teams with the highest averages will host districts and regionals.
There will be 64 teams in the 8-player field. With 78 teams total, five will not make the playoffs but will still be allowed to schedule one extra game against another non-qualifier.
There will be three regional rounds, semifinals and finals. Finals are scheduled for Nov. 27 and 28.
- Partridge Creek Farm announces Farm-to-School program expansion
- Two deaths under investigation in Marinette Co.
- Kamala Harris’ husband stumps in West Michigan
- One dead, others injured including 4-year-old in M-553 crash
- Cooking with Alex: Celebrating local food and squash tips