BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) — A 29-year-old Michigan man has pleaded not guilty to charges that accuse him of killing his 8-month-old son.
The Battle Creek Enquirer reported over the weekend that Kyle Kregling remains jailed on charges of open murder and first-degree abuse in the death of the boy, Chris Kregling.
At a Friday arraignment, a Calhoun County judge refused defense lawyer Daniel Lehman’s request to free Kregling on bond so he could receive mental-health treatment.
Kregling told police he was changing the diaper on his daughter at his Battle Creek home when his son toppled from a from a bed.
Investigators said they didn’t believe Kregling’s account and a Thursday autopsy also raised doubts the death was accidental.
- Ski trails and hills make adjustments for upcoming season
- Marquette County 4-H and MSU Extension asks community to join virtual county board meetings to help amend cuts to the program
- Suspect in puppy mill investigation faces two charges
- Donations made at Keweenaw Co-op’s registers raises over $13K for Western U.P. Food Bank
- DNR awards nearly $2M in recreation grants to 18 communities