UNDATED (WOOD) — The U.S. Navy has identified the pilot killed in a plane crash during training in Alabama as a southeast Michigan native.
Lt. Rhiannon Ross, 30, was from Wixom, near Detroit.
Also killed in the crash was U.S. Coast Guard Ensign Morgan Garrett, 24, Weddington, North Carolina, the Navy said in a Sunday release.
“Their spirit, friendship, and devotion to their country will not be forgotten,” the Navy said.
Ross, an instructor, and her student Garrett crashed in Foley, Alabama, which is between Mobile and Pensacola, Florida, during a training flight Friday evening.
Though the crash happened in a residential neighborhood, no one else was injured.
- Pfizer Portage site holds decades of history in global health
- Ishpeming Public Schools earns MI HEARTsafe designation
- 2020 deadliest year for Lake Michigan drownings in a decade
- House fire triggers investigation into living conditions of dogs in Mackinac County
- New details released about Marinette Co. officer-involved shooting that left one man dead