UNDATED (WOOD) — The U.S. Navy has identified the pilot killed in a plane crash during training in Alabama as a southeast Michigan native.
Lt. Rhiannon Ross, 30, was from Wixom, near Detroit.
Also killed in the crash was U.S. Coast Guard Ensign Morgan Garrett, 24, Weddington, North Carolina, the Navy said in a Sunday release.
“Their spirit, friendship, and devotion to their country will not be forgotten,” the Navy said.
Ross, an instructor, and her student Garrett crashed in Foley, Alabama, which is between Mobile and Pensacola, Florida, during a training flight Friday evening.
Though the crash happened in a residential neighborhood, no one else was injured.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips