LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will announce that Michigan restaurants can reopen for indoor dining on Feb. 1, two-and-a-half months after an order to close amid a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.
The governor’s office confirmed the pending announcement following a statement issued on social media by the Michigan Licensed Beverage Association.
The current order prohibiting indoor eating and drinking is due to expire Friday but will be extended.
The fate of other off-limit activities such as organized sports was not immediately known. Whitmer will have news conference later Wednesday.
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone