LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer will announce that Michigan restaurants can reopen for indoor dining on Feb. 1, two-and-a-half months after an order to close amid a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations.
The governor’s office confirmed the pending announcement following a statement issued on social media by the Michigan Licensed Beverage Association.
The current order prohibiting indoor eating and drinking is due to expire Friday but will be extended.
The fate of other off-limit activities such as organized sports was not immediately known. Whitmer will have news conference later Wednesday.
- Man builds, donates giant Nintendo Switch
- Biologist names newly discovered insect after coronavirus
- Derek Chauvin trial: Jury begins deliberations as former officer faces charges in death of George Floyd
- Oscar G. Johnson Medical Center celebrates National Volunteer Week
- Portage Health Foundation announces new grant opportunity