LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) – State representatives Tyrone Carter of Detroit and Julie Brixie of Meridian Township are introducing new legislation Monday morning.
It’s to ban all guns on the grounds and inside the state capitol, plus the house and senate office buildings.
Earlier this month, the Michigan Capitol Commission voted unanimously to ban open carry in the capitol, but according to Brixie — more work is needed to make our capitol safe.
She says the commission neglected two important safety measures: concealed carry — and the presence of guns on capitol grounds that include the entrances and exits of the building.
The commission met Monday and Local 3 will keep you updated with any developments.
- Michigan parents toss child to neighbor to escape fire
- Lawmakers outraged after Michigan National Guardsmen served raw or moldy food
- Video: Horse rescued from Michigan icy pond
- Alpha Michigan Brewing Company’s Tippin’ UP event to help raise funds for local food pantries
- 13 killed when SUV carrying 25 collides with semi-truck near US-Mexico border