MASON, Mich. (WLNS) — A dual propeller plane landed safely on its belly without its landing gear at Jewett Airport in Mason today around 12:25 p.m., according to the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.
The pilot was a 60-year-old man and was the only person in the plane. The pilot was not hurt but the plane was damaged on the underside and on both propellers.
The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified, according to the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips