CANTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — An 8-year-old boy has died after being shot in a suburban Detroit home. Police say the boy was wounded Tuesday afternoon when a gun discharged in Canton Township. He later died at a hospital.
Deputy Chief Craig Wilsher said one person has been arrested and the case was expected to be submitted Wednesday to the Wayne County prosecutor’s office for charges.
No further details have been released.
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips