LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A top federal prosecutor in Michigan is urging people to give tips to the FBI if they are aware of people who joined a violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn the presidential election.
U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider’s jurisdiction covers a 34-county area including metropolitan Detroit. He says investigators will review video surveillance and other evidence.
Six Michigan men ranging in age from 25 to 64 were arrested by D.C. police.
For were arrested for curfew violations, one for unlawful entry and violating the curfew, and one on gun charges.
- Canton Township man charged in fatal shooting of son, 8
- Michigan tax revenues are $2.1B above earlier projections
- Washington DC ramps up security ahead of Biden inauguration
- Feeling lucky? Lottery players have chance at 2 giant jackpots
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway