UPPER PENINSULA, Mich. (WJMN) – All roadside parks operated by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) in the Upper Peninsula will be closed for the season on Tuesday, Oct. 26.
MDOT maintains 32 roadside parks in the U.P. They close annually in late October and reopen in late April. In addition, the southbound I-75 rest area just north of St. Ignace will close for the season on Dec. 1. This rest area is closed for the winter due to reduced use and safety concerns.
For a map and complete list of MDOT roadside parks, visit www.Michigan.gov/RoadsidePark.
- LOCAL 3 TUESDAY’S WEATHER FORECAST 11/30/2021
- Tis the season for seasonal affective disorder
- LOCAL 3 MONDAY OVERNIGHT WEATHER FORECAST 11/29/2021
- Dickinson Area Community Foundation to hold open house for new location in downtown Iron Mountain
- Consumers Energy gives out $750,000 in Gift Cards to over 60 Michigan communities