GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A West Michigan photographer has won awards from the National Audubon Society.
When the coronavirus pandemic hit, Steve Jessmore made a change in the photos he was capturing. He’s now a winner in the 2021 Audubon Photography Awards.
Jessmore received recognitions in two categories: Professional Award Winner and Professional Honorable Mention.
Jessmore’s Professional Award Winner photo featured a northern cardinal in rural Muskegon County. The Professional Honorable Mention showed a red-tailed hawk at Kensington Metropark in Milford Township.
- Michigan rescue sees spike in returned pets
- Search for bodies concludes at Florida condo collapse site
- Unlikely partners Pelosi and Cheney team up for Jan. 6 probe
- Backyard danger: Lyme disease case helps catch 2 more in lower Michigan neighborhood
- Bucks psychic? High school grad predicted finals win in 2018 yearbook