PITTSFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A suburban Detroit woman who said she fatally shot her husband in self-defense has been released from prison after serving 20 months.
Tina Talbot hugged her 9-year-old son, whom she hadn’t seen since March because of the coronavirus.
Family and friends cheered outside the Huron Valley prison for women in Washtenaw County. Talbot was eligible for parole after serving her minimum sentence.
She pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the 2018 death of her husband in Waterford Township.
Talbot said her husband had beaten her for days and threatened to kill her and their son. She was admitted to a hospital for her injuries.
- Munising will ‘rekindle the spirit’ with 12 days of fun
- Calumet’s Café Rosetta fined for violating MDHHS epidemic orders
- Ski trails and hills make adjustments for upcoming season
- Marquette County 4-H and MSU Extension asks community to join virtual county board meetings to help amend cuts to the program
- Suspect in puppy mill investigation faces two charges