TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — An FBI agent says a man accused of conspiring to kidnap Michigan’s governor also made threatening online comments about President Donald Trump and other political figures.
The agent says in a federal affidavit that Delaware resident Barry Croft railed against Trump, former President Barack Obama, members of Congress and others in private Facebook postings.
One mentioned the governor of South Carolina and others attacked former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Croft is one of six men charged in federal court with scheming to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer because of her orders dealing with the coronavirus.
- West End Winter Wonderland to take place March 13
- U.P. Regional Blood Center in “critical need” of blood donations
- Bill would allow bars to stay open until 4 a.m. in Michigan
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation