TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) — An FBI agent says a man accused of conspiring to kidnap Michigan’s governor also made threatening online comments about President Donald Trump and other political figures.
The agent says in a federal affidavit that Delaware resident Barry Croft railed against Trump, former President Barack Obama, members of Congress and others in private Facebook postings.
One mentioned the governor of South Carolina and others attacked former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Croft is one of six men charged in federal court with scheming to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer because of her orders dealing with the coronavirus.
- Fatal car accident on West “A” street Iron Mountain
- ‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’
- Aspirus Medical Monday: Staying healthy throughout the holidays
- GSA recognizes president-elect Biden, clearing way for formal transition
- Superior Health Foundation to raise money for college food pantries