AUSTIN (KXAN) — Dew you feel like having a margarita?
Mountain Dew recently announced its “Dewgarita,” a new green drink being served at Red Lobster chain restaurants — the soda brand says the drink pairs well with Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
In a recipe broken down by Claire Lower, of LifeHacker, the Dewgarita can be made at home like this:
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce Mountain Dew syrup, which can be made by pouring 1 cup of Mountain Dew into a sauce pan and bringing it to a boil, then a simmer and then allow the soda to reduce to 1/4 a cup. Chill.
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Glasses can be rimmed with salt or Tajín seasoning for an even further sweet-salty taste.
- Mackinac Island announces opening details for the 2021 summer season
- B.1.1.7 variant has been confirmed in Menominee County
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- CDC advisory committee holds emergency meeting, decides to wait to make J&J vaccine recommendations
- Habitat for Humanity launches Power of Home campaign to raise funds for Michigan communities