(WTVO) — American musician Kid Rock made a generous contribution to the ongoing ‘Barstool Fund,’ which is meant to raise money for struggling businesses across the country.
The ‘Rebel Without a Cause’ announced on Twitter on Tuesday that he was donating $100,000 to the fund.
Founder of Barstool Sports Dave Portnoy introduced the Barstool Fund Dec. 17 on Twitter. He said he hopes the company can “bridge gap until COVID’s done” and business owners can go back to making a living.
More than $18 million has been raised to assist 74 small businesses until they can get back on their feet — and numbers keep climbing.
- Marquette City Commissioner Cody Mayer deployed to Washington, D.C. with National Guard
- Upper Peninsula schools receive State grant for lunch programs
- Michigan confirms about 1,700 more coronavirus cases
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Fire at Munising business under investigation