MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WFRV) – A Wisconsin college has announced it will no longer host Vice President Mike Pence during commencement following the events in Kenosha.
According to a release from Wisconsin Lutheran College, located in Milwaukee, the “Board of Regents and the College’s Administration have jointly decided to present a different speaker” instead of VP Pence.
Rev. Mark Jeske of St. Marcus Lutheran Church has agreed to serve as the commencement speaker.
It was announced last week that VP Pence would deliver remarks during commencement.
Kenosha has seen protests, some violent, since the shooting of Jacob Blake by a Kenosha Police officer.
- How well do the Packers perform in the cold? What type of weather impacts football the most?
- Wisconsin officals discussing legal action against PFAS contaminators
- Northern Michigan to play Michigan Tech this Saturday & Monday
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- Next COVID-19 vaccine set for approval will be game-changer, says Hawaii lieutenant governor