LANSING, Mich. (WOOD) — After being closed for nearly 16 months, some Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency offices will reopen for in-person appointments next week.
You have to have an appointment to head to one of the offices. Appointments will be offered between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You can schedule a 15-minute slot online or by calling 866.500.0017 during regular business hours. If you’re late, you may have to reschedule.
You will have to wear a mask when going to an unemployment office. You should bring your driver’s license or other ID and any documents you need to resolve your claim.
“This additional option for customer service is another avenue to assist Michigan residents in accessing the financial lifeline they need while they are recovering from a job loss,” Acting UIA Director Liza Estlund Olson said in a Wednesday statement.
Complete list of opening offices:
- Benton Harbor, 401 8th St.
- Detroit, 3024 W. Grand Blvd., Suite L-385
- Gaylord, 931 Otsego Ave.
- Grand Rapids, 3391-A Plainfield Ave., NE
- Kalamazoo, 1600 South Burdick St.
- Lansing, 5217 Perry Robinson Circle
- Marquette, 1498 Odovero Drive, Ste. 2
- Muskegon, 2700 Baker St.
- Saginaw, 515 N. Washington Ave
- Sault Ste. Marie, 1118 East Easterday Ave.
- Sterling Heights, 43015 Hayes Road
- Traverse City, 1209 S. Garfield Ave., Ste. C