IRON COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — According to the National Weather Service, a tornado hit part of Iron County during severe weather Sunday night.
It happened near Peavy Pond Road not far from Crystal Falls. Many trees were snapped or uprooted.
There was also straight-line wind damage around Golden Lake which is west of Iron River.
A camper had to be rescued from fallen trees but was uninjured.
In the coming days we expect to know more about the strength of the tornado.
- EPA ridicules California’s proposed ban of new gas cars
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- Animal shelters encouraged to apply for 2021 grants
- Renovations approved for Dickinson County Memorial Hospital
- US official: 2020 census to end Oct. 5 despite court order