MARINETTE, Wis. (WFRV) – A couple walking in the Town of Athelstane on Saturday discovered human remains belonging to a missing Milwaukee man hanging from a tree, according to the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office.
On Saturday afternoon a couple walking along their wooded property located in Athelstane reportedly discovered human remains hanging from a tree.
Officials say it appeared the human remains had been there for “quite some time.”
After further investigation, the Sheriff’s Office determined the human remains belonged to a missing Milwaukee man, Benjamin Bodwin.
Deputies reveal Bodwin was 54 years old when he went missing back in August of 2018 after allegedly leaving his broken down vehicle at a business in Athelstane.
Officers believe no foul play is suspected.
The Medical Examiner has ruled this to be a suicide. Officials report Bodwin’s family has been notified of this discovery.
- How well do the Packers perform in the cold? What type of weather impacts football the most?
- Wisconsin officals discussing legal action against PFAS contaminators
- Northern Michigan to play Michigan Tech this Saturday & Monday
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- Next COVID-19 vaccine set for approval will be game-changer, says Hawaii lieutenant governor