KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) — The Kenosha Police Department says one of its sergeants has died in a snowmobile crash in northern Wisconsin.
The department announced Sunday that Sgt. Trevor Albrecht was killed in a crash in Iron County.
Sheriff’s officials there say his snowmobile veered off a trail in the Town of Knight Saturday afternoon and hit several trees.
Life-saving efforts were attempted on scene and continued when first responders arrived but were ultimately unsuccessful. The 41-year-old husband and father was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Michigan parents toss child to neighbor to escape fire
- Lawmakers outraged after Michigan National Guardsmen served raw or moldy food
- Video: Horse rescued from Michigan icy pond
- Alpha Michigan Brewing Company’s Tippin’ UP event to help raise funds for local food pantries
- 13 killed when SUV carrying 25 collides with semi-truck near US-Mexico border