MARINETTE, Wis. (WFRV) – A 52-year-old woman from Menominee, Michigan is dead following a single-vehicle crash in Wausaukee.
According to the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office, on Sunday a crashed pickup truck was discovered off of US Highway 141 near Kiako Road in the Town of Wausaukee.
Deputies report having discovered 52-year-old Hope Tyler dead inside the vehicle.
After further investigation, deputies determined that sometime during Saturday night and Sunday morning Tyler’s vehicle went off the road to the west, struck a driveway embankment and then travelled a distance before hitting a stump and then a tree.
Officials note that the wreckage was cold indicating the crash had happened much earlier than when it was discovered.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation at this time. This traffic fatality marks Marinette County’s first for the year 2021.
- 10 things more likely than winning the huge Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots
- Ex-boyfriend of deported Russian agent pardoned by Trump
- Calumet man arrested by FBI in connection with U.S. Capitol riots
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden
- Michigan lawmakers react to Biden Inauguration, Trump departure