(WFRV) – In one of the oddest home openers ever in Green Bay, Packers overcame a slow start to pick up a win over Detroit inside an empty Lambeau Field.
The Lions offense was rolling early. After a pair of 75 yard touchdown drives Detroit was in front 14-3 after the first quarter.
Then Green Bay got things going, especially on the ground. Running back Aaron Jones had the Packers first “Lambeau Leap” of 2020 after a seven yard touchdown in the second quarter. Then Jones tacked on a 75 yard touchdown, the longest of his career, to open the third quarter.
Jones wrapped up the day with 168 yards and two scores on the ground, as well as another 68 yards an a score through the air.
- Partridge Creek Farm announces Farm-to-School program expansion
- Two deaths under investigation in Marinette Co.
- Kamala Harris’ husband stumps in West Michigan
- One dead, others injured including 4-year-old in M-553 crash
- Cooking with Alex: Celebrating local food and squash tips