GREEN BAY, Wisc. (WJMN) – Packers defensive lineman Kenny Clark just got PAID.
Clark has agreed to a four-year extension for $70 million dollars that guarantees him $25 million at the signing. Clark will make $37 million over the first two years of the deal. That’s a lot of cheese. The deal makes Clark the highest paid nose-tackle in league history.
Clark is entering his fourth season with the Packers and is coming off his first pro bowl season. Clark is showing steady progression and is only 24 years old. in 2019, he racked up 62 tackles, nine tackles for loss, and six sacks.
Clark was an anchor to a much improved defense in 2019, allowing just 19.6 points per game last season, Green Bay was the No. 9 in total defense.
With Clark in the fold for the foreseeable future, along with the addition of key free agents and the continued development of the Packers younger athletes, the Packers defense should continue garnering respect throughout the lead.
- High School football playoff match ups announced
- MHSAA: Winter sports will start on time
- Raiders game moved from Sunday night to Sunday afternoon
- Big Ten football is back after virus delayed start of season
- GOTW presented by the Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center: Escanaba at Gladstone