MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) – Sugarloaf Mountain Natural Area will soon have more parking for its visitors.
Construction is currently underway for the first phase of the new parking lot, which is located south of the existing lot.
In August, the second phase of the project will involve lane closures along County Road 550. The third phase of the project will be improvements to the existing parking lot.
The County Road 550 recreation corridor is experiencing a large volume of visitor and truck traffic. Marquette County asks that all visitors and motorists remain alert and safe while traveling through the work zone. It is also advised to watch for pedestrians and expect to experience travel delays during construction periods.
The project is estimated to be completed by mid-September.
- One dead, others injured including 4-year-old in M-553 crash
- Cooking with Alex: Celebrating local food and squash tips
- State Police respond to crash south of Marquette
- Marquette Police search for men involved in lawnmower robbery
- Marquette County Health Department addresses questions related to rising cases