MARQUETTE, Mich. (WJMN) — Northern Michigan University will open its Superior Dome to students when classes begin August 17.
Free community access to walk and jog in that facility, as well as the Berry Events Center, will be postponed until October 1.
“The October date is tentative, depending on the COVID-19 situation at that time,” said Carl Bammert, Associate Athletic Director-Facilities.
“The university decided not to open those buildings fully right now, but to do it slowly instead to reduce any potential risk to community members in more vulnerable populations.”
- 400 years on, Mayflower’s legacy includes pride, prejudice
- Census takers fall short of target goal in areas of US
- California court says Uber, Lyft drivers are employees
- Judge urges US to help find parents deported without kids
- 2nd Breonna Taylor grand juror criticizes proceedings