MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office responded to a personal injury accident in a remote area in Northern Champion Township Friday afternoon.
A group of off road vehicles were riding through Mulligan Truck Trail in Champion Township, when one vehicle got stuck and another person in their group tried to winch the vehicle out.
The winch was fastened to a dead tree and the tree fell on 59-year-old Gregory Dehring from Roger City, Michigan.
Dehring received injuries to his back and chest areas.
Due to the remote area, Valley Med Helicopter was requested to assist in transport.
- Walk for Life supports Pregnancy Services of Delta County
- 95-year-old WWII veteran from U.P. tells his story of being a prisoner of war
- WATCH: Low flying plane spotted over Marquette
- Superior Watershed Partnership hosts beach clean-up in Marquette
- Hazardous material training held for Marquette law enforcement, agencies by Michigan National Guard