All registered voters are invited to sign the petition to repeal the 1945 Emergency Powers of the Governor Act.
“Since March 23rd, Michigan has been under one of the strictest lockdowns of the country due to Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s abuse of power and the use of an outdated, World War II-era law. Using this obscure, antiquated law, Governor Whitmer has issued a blizzard of over 100 executive decrees, with no accountability to your elected representatives, no public input – and no end in sight,” according to the Unlock Michigan website.
“We believe Whitmer’s crushing lockdown of life and business across Michigan is a dangerous threat to our livelihoods and constitutional liberties. So we’re taking action to UNLOCK MICHIGAN.”
- Kincheloe man on the run after cutting tether
- With coronavirus on the rise, Michigan reports 3,881 more cases
- Effort to recall Wisconsin governor falls short
- Gov. Whitmer campaigns for Biden, Harris in W. MI
- Helen Newberry Joy Hospital provider tests positive for COVID-19