ALGER AND MARQUETTE COUNTIES, Mich. (WJMN) – October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. As a place of hope and justice for victims of domestic violence, Women’s Center of Marquette and Alger counties are shedding light on awareness of the issue this month be holding some events.
Michelle Fortunato, Domestic Violence Program Coordinator at the Women’s Center spoke with Local 3’s Rebecca Bartelme about the month and upcoming events.
Their support line is (906) 226-6611. Office line is (906) 225-1346. For more information on the Women’s Center, click here.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Michigan native among 2 killed in Navy plane crash
- Michigan is an outlier in electing university boards
- Northern Michigan vineyards expect solid grape crop in 2020
- UP universities competing to see who’s No. 1 in flu shots