MARIENTTE COUNTY, Wis. (WJMN) — Marinette County Sheriff reported that on Saturday afternoon, dispatch received a call of a three vehicle crash at County B and Hartwig Road in Grover, Wisconsin involving a motor cycle and two pickup trucks.
The investigation revealed the operator of the motorcycle was westbound on County B and was slowing to turn onto Hartwig Road when it was struck from behind by a pick-up truck driven by a 20-year-old Peshtigo man.
This impact sent the cycle and operator skidding into the path of an eastbound pick-up truck driven by an 84-year-old Marinette man.
The eastbound truck ran over the cycle operator.
The motorcyclist, 73-year-old Verlon Voelker on Grover, was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Fired, pro-Black Lives Matter officer sues to get job back
- Captain says he knowingly risked career with virus warning
- Second stimulus checks: Lawmakers leave for weekend without deal in sight
- Puerto Rico getting funds for power grid 3 years after Maria
- USDA plans additional $14B for farmers reeling from virus