Upon arrival, officers found employees removing a laundry basket of towels that had caught fire in the kitchen.
The basket was burning and had to be extinguished by officers.
There was heavy smoke inside the restaurant and ventilation was required. Some upstairs apartment tenants were evacuated for a short period of time.
No injuries were reported.
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Conviction set aside in ’93 cold case in dispute over expert
- Gov. Whitmer seeks $400M in virus spending in Legislature
- Chippewa County rescue couple lost on Drummond Island