LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The Michigan high school fall sports season is stretching into January. Football playoffs will resume Jan. 2.
The eight-player championship games will be played Jan. 9, followed by the 11-player finals on Jan. 15-16.
The announcement came after the state health director said football and volleyball players and swimmers will participate in a coronavirus antigen-testing program.
Volleyball quarterfinals will be held on Jan. 5, with semifinals and finals on Jan. 7-9.
Girls swimming and diving finals are scheduled for Jan. 15-16.
All indoor winter sports remain suspended until Jan. 16.
- Northern Michigan University nursing and ROTC students participate in trauma simulation
- Michigan bars, restaurants get more time to renew liquor licenses
- WATCH: Local 5’s African American Icons: Honoring Black History Month
- Isle Royale Opening in 2021; Ranger III reservations start March 1 for summer trips
- Marquette DDA plans spring and summer events