LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — A teenager from Michigan has set a record for the fastest indoor mile by a high school runner.
USA Track & Field says Hobbs Kessler finished in 3:57.66 Sunday at the American Track League meet in Arkansas.
Kessler is a student at Skyline High School in Ann Arbor.
Kessler finished third in the race behind former Olympian Nick Willis and winner Takieddine Hedeilli.
Kessler, who plans to run at Northern Arizona, finished second in the Michigan cross country championship last fall.
- ‘Something we can call our own’: The heyday of Michigan’s Black resorts
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Fundraiser for Dan Rouleau at Hancock High School Hockey game Friday, February 26
- Black soldiers faced discrimination in Vietnam, back at home
- Restaurants find a bright side to the restaurant occupancy restrictions