EAST LANSING, Mich. (WJMN) – The Iron Mountain Boys Basketball team fell short of a state title, falling to Flint Beecher, 75-47, in Saturday’s Division 3 state championship game.
Flint Beecher, who entered the game with just one loss ( vs. No. 1 Orchard Lake St. Mary’s) captured their sixth state championship in the last 8 tournaments.
The Bucs focused on stopping Foster Wonders, throwing double teams in his direction almost every Iron Mountain possession.
Wonders was held scoreless in the first half and finished with 13 points. Jurgen Kleiman added 12 PTS, Dante Basanese scored 11 PTS.
The Mountaineers finish the season as the D3 state runner up’s with an overall record of 19-1.
- AP source: Lions releasing running back Kerryon Johnson
- The Female Field: Raven Johnson is first girl to play in boys All-American game
- Michigan high school baseball player dies following head injury from in-game collision
- Road to the LPGA: The Island Resort Championship returns
- Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests