LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has clarified her order requiring masks in organized sports, saying they must be worn in training and competition only when athletes can’t consistently keep 6 feet apart. The measure issued Wednesday explicitly mentions football, soccer and volleyball as sports where face coverings are a must due to the coronavirus pandemic. But it also now exempts sports in which athletes can keep distance “except for occasional and fleeting moments” — such as tennis, golf, cross country, baseball and softball. Her initial order to let additional organized sports resume required all athletes to wear a mask except when swimming.
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- No. 13 Michigan State opens with 83-67 win over E. Michigan
- Newcomers lead No. 25 Michigan to win over Bowling Green
- No. 25 Michigan women pull away from C Michigan 93-75
- Lions host Texans in matchup of coaches hoping to keep jobs