DETROIT (AP) — Kris Bryant hit a two-run homer in the third inning, and the Chicago Cubs went on to a 4-2 victory over the Tigers, snapping Detroit’s four-game winning streak. Jake Arrieta faced the minimum number of hitters until the bottom of the sixth, when Detroit’s Jake Rogers and Robbie Grossman hit consecutive home runs with two out. That was all the scoring for the Tigers. Joc Pederson had three hits for the Cubs, who snapped a three-game losing streak.
- The Waiting Game: An in-depth look at the apparent clash between Rodgers and the front office
- Bucks bounce back to beat Nets 104-89 and force Game 7
- Meijer LPGA Classic features Olympic hopefuls
- ‘Yooper’ Football Camp brings it back to the basics
- Durant’s sensational performance sends Nets to 3-2 lead