DETROIT (AP) — Miguel Cabrera drove in two runs and surpassed Omar Vizquel for the most major league hits by a Venezuelan player, leading the Detroit Tigers past the slumping Kansas City Royals 4-2. Cabrera’s two RBI singles gave him 2,878, one more than Vizquel, who played his last game in 2012. Kansas City lost its 10th straight, the Royals’ longest skid since they dropped 10 in a row from March 31-April 11, 2019. Casey Mize allowed two runs on three hits and two walks in six innings to get the win. Gregory Soto worked the ninth for his fourth save.
- Maude-Aimee Leblanc leading the Island Resort Championship heading into final day
- Clubs to scrubs: How one professional golfer went from the golf course to helping fight a global pandemic
- On your mark, get set, go! Sands Speedway season opener, Sunday, June 13
- Island Resort Championship feels like a ‘homecoming’ for two LPGA hopefuls
- Wyatt Clement continuing family tradition at Sands Speedway