DETROIT (AP) — Phillip Evans kept Akil Baddoo’s drive to left field in the park in the seventh inning to help Pittsburgh escape a jam, and the Pirates scored twice in the eighth to beat the Detroit Tigers 4-2. Colin Moran and Erik González hit RBI singles with two outs in the eighth. With the score tied at 2, Baddoo nearly put the Tigers ahead, but Evans reached above the fence in left, and the ball bounced off his glove and back into the field of play. Baddoo wound up with a double, and he didn’t end up scoring.
- The Female Field: Raven Johnson is first girl to play in boys All-American game
- Michigan high school baseball player dies following head injury from in-game collision
- Road to the LPGA: The Island Resort Championship returns
- Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests
- Magic top Pistons 119-112 behind Bamba’s big night