LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
MIAMI (KDVR) — The Miami Marlins home opener scheduled for Monday night against the Baltimore Orioles has been canceled due to an alleged COVID-19 outbreak within the team, according to ESPN.
According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, eight more players and two coaches with the Miami Marlins have tested positive for COVID-19, as an outbreak has spread throughout their clubhouse and brought the total of cases in recent days to at least 14.
Ken Rosenthal with The Athletic said, “Two infectious disease experts say the positive results fit the definition of “a clear outbreak” with the club”, according to a tweet on Monday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Blue Jackets hold on, defeat Red Wings 3-2 for their 1st win
- LaFleur: I wouldn’t be standing where I am without Robert Saleh
- Packers invite season ticket holders, frontline healthcare workers to NFC Championship game
- History-making woman kicker invited to Biden inauguration
- MTU Men’s Basketball complete sweep of Timberwolves 68-63