LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
DETROIT (AP) — Franmil Reyes homered and drove in three, and the Cleveland Indians beat Detroit for a club-record 18th consecutive time, topping the Tigers 10-5.
The Indians’ previous longest winning streak against one opponent was a 17-game run against the Baltimore Orioles in 1954.
Aaron Civale improved to 3-0 in four career starts against the Tigers, allowing four runs, eight hits and a walk in six innings.
Ivan Nova allowed eight runs, five hits and two walks in 3 1/3 innings for Detroit.
The Indians took a 2-0 lead in the second on Reyes’ drive over the Indians bullpen and onto the second level of shrubs behind the left-center field fence.
- Heat rally from 19 down, top Pistons 113-107 to end slide
- Harden, Durant star as Nets edge Bucks 125-123
- Blue Jackets hold on, defeat Red Wings 3-2 for their 1st win
- LaFleur: I wouldn’t be standing where I am without Robert Saleh
- Packers invite season ticket holders, frontline healthcare workers to NFC Championship game