DETROIT (AP) — Niko Goodrum hit a two-run double to cap Detroit’s five-run sixth inning, and the Tigers rallied past the Chicago Cubs 7-6. Three major league games were postponed Wednesday as players reacted to the weekend shooting by police of Jacob Blake, a Black man, in Wisconsin. The Tigers and Cubs played on, but Chicago outfielder Jason Heyward was scratched from the lineup prior to the game. The Cubs said Heyward talked with manager David Ross and decided not to play. Kyle Schwarber homered for the Cubs, who led 3-1 before imploding in a sloppy sixth inning.
- Braves’ pitcher hit by 102-mph comebacker, breaks leg in World Series opener
- Gov. Whitmer declares ‘Rivalry Week’ ahead of Michigan vs. Michigan State football game
- ‘Yea I call Packers fans racist’: Former TE lashes out in Twitter tirade
- UPSSA High School Football Poll (10/26/21)
- Tom Brady giving Bucs fan who returned 600th TD a Bitcoin