DETROIT (AP) — Tyler Anderson’s five strong innings helped Pittsburgh move to 8-9 with a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers in the first game of Wednesday’s doubleheader, but Detroit rallied for a 5-2 win in the nightcap.Pittsburgh has won five of its last eight games after a 1-6 start.The Pirates and Tigers were playing a doubleheader because Tuesday night’s game was postponed on a snowy day in the Detroit area. There was still a white dusting on top of the bushes beyond the wall in center field Wednesday, plus some flurries late in the game.
- Ragnow planning trip to U.P. after signing a record contract extension
- Pistons snap skid with 111-97 win over Grizzlies
- Lions make Frank Ragnow highest-paid center in NFL
- AP source: Lions releasing running back Kerryon Johnson
- The Female Field: Raven Johnson is first girl to play in boys All-American game