ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Detroit Tigers didn’t let Texas starter Kyle Gibson go to his first All-Star game without a loss. Miguel Cabrera had a go-ahead RBI single as a pinch-hitter right after Gibson left with the bases loaded and the Tigers went on to beat the Rangers 5-3. Joey Gallo homered twice to become the first Rangers player ever with 10 homers in a 10-game stretch. The All-Star right fielder has 23 homers overall. He drove in another run when he drew his AL-best 67th walk with the bases loaded.
- Training Camp Report: Rodgers a ‘professional thrower of the football’
- Pinch-hit HR by Tellez gives Brewers 4-2 win over Pirates
- Miguel Cabrera’s 498th homer helps Tigers top Red Sox 4-2
- Packers LB Krys Barnes: Flying under the radar but ready for the season
- Training Camp Report: Defense holds in two minute, Love up and down