LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
TAMPA (WFLA) – NBA legend Michael Jordan donated $2 million to the nationwide hunger-relief charity, Feeding America.
In a statement, Jordan said the money comes from proceeds he earned from The Last Dance documentary.
“In these challenging times and in a year of unimaginable difficulty due to COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to pause and give thanks,” he said. “I am proud to be donating additional proceeds from The Last Dance to Feeding America and its member food banks in the Carolinas and Chicago to help feed America’s hungry.”
The charity encouraged others to go to FeedingAmerica.org/COVID19 to learn how to donate or volunteer this holiday season.
- Main Street Calumet encourages supporting local eateries and bars with #rideoutcovidcalumet
- Should you be wearing two masks? Here’s what Dr. Fauci says
- Michigan records 1,476 more coronavirus cases, 79 deaths
- Wisconsin hunters harvest more turkeys in 2020, see 21% increase
- Whitmer to portray a ‘resilient’ Michigan in State of the State