MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Emoni Bates has committed to Memphis, adding another five-star recruit to coach Penny Hardaway’s roster. Bates announced his decision on Instagram after also considering Michigan State, Oregon and the NBA’s G League. The Michigan native committed to Tom Izzo and the Spartans last year before changing his mind in April. The 6-foot-8 guard has been called a generational talent and is projected as the No. 1 overall pick when he becomes eligible for the NBA draft after he turns 19 in 2023.
- Player Spotlight: Ishpeming’s Hailey Hytinen is paving the way for future women
- GOTW Preview: Gogebic & Stephenson to meet in the ‘Painting the Peninsula Pink’ game
- Stephenson proud to be a part of the ‘Painting the Peninsula Pink’ game
- WATCH: Marquette Marching Band Halftime Performance
- WATCH: Marquette Dance Team conquers technical difficulties