Houghton, Michigan (WJMN) – Both the Michigan Tech and Lake Superior State Hockey teams will be making the jump to the C.C.H.A next season. While a new era of hockey will begin, an old rivalry is only getting stronger.
According to a tweet sent by Brad Elliott Schlossman, college hockey beat writer for the Grand Forks Herald, the Lakers may have some extra motivation to beat the Huskies next fall.
It stems from some fine print in LSSU head coach Damon Whitten’s new six-year contract extension.
The added incentive could be bulletin board material for the Huskies entering next season. This response from MTU Head Coach Joe Shawhan tells it all.
One thing is for sure, the C.C.H.A. will not lack any drama entering the first year of play next Fall.
- M Go Big: Led by Power, Michigan goes 1-2 in NHL draft
- Red Wings use their two first-round picks to up their roster
- Training Camp Report: Davante Adams contract talks stall, and rookies report
- In year two, Tucker leads ‘more intense’ Spartans
- Youth football camp hosted by U.P. All-Star players and coaches