LATEST SPORTS VIDEO
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) — D’Wayne Eskridge ran a kickoff back for a touchdown and capped a big day with a reverse that set up the winning field goal as unbeaten Western Michigan edged Northern Illinois 30-27.
Eskridge, whose 100-yard return gave the Broncos a 20-17 halftime edge before Northern Illinois retook the lead, ran 27 yards to the NIU 9 that set up Gavin Peddie’s field goal with 2:23 remaining.
Eskridge finished with 134 yards receiving. Ross Bowers threw for three touchdowns and Tyrice Richie had a career-high 131 yards receiving on 12 catches for the Huskies.
- Reports: Former Packers general manager Ted Thompson passes away
- Drew Brees’ wife discloses unknown injuries plaguing Saints QB throughout season
- Packers realize how much Rodgers has at stake this weekend
- Young has 38, Collins adds 31 as Hawks beat Pistons in OT
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games