IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Luka Garza scored 27 points to reach another milestone and No. 8 Iowa beat Michigan State 84-78. Garza, who came into the game as the nation’s leading scorer at 26.4 points per game, became the second 2,000-point scorer in program history.
Garza, who has 2,009 points, is 107 points behind all-time leading scorer Roy Marble. The Hawkeyes (13-4, 7-3 Big Ten) led 79-70 before the Spartans (8-7, 2-7) went on an 8-1 run.
Michigan State had a chance to tie the game after forcing a shot-clock violation, but Joshua Langford missed a jumper with 24 seconds left.
Iowa’s Jordan Bohannon closed the game with four consecutive free throws.
- Hubbell woman in critical condition following officer-involved shooting
- Semi-truck crash in Chippewa County, driver arrested
- Fox Valley man warns others to be cautious online after finding local posting to be a scam
- UW Oshkosh Professor leading search for missing body of Starkie Swenson in 38 year old cold case
- Shingleton man identified, second child dies, Delta Township shooting