Detroit, Mich. (WJMN) – Early on in their rebuild, the Detroit Lions have shown an eagerness and focus on building up and strengthening their offensive line. They drafted Penei Sewell with the 7th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft and now they’ve made sure one of their own will be with the team for years to come.
On Thursday, the Lions and center Frank Ragnow agreed on a four-year extension. The agreement will make Ragnow the highest paid at his position.
Here is how the contract breaks down:
- $25.5M fully guaranteed at signing
- $42M total guarantees
- $13.5M per year in new money
Ragnow has lived up and exceeded every expectation since being drafted by the Lions with the 20th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
- ‘Yooper’ Football Camp brings it back to the basics
- Durant’s sensational performance sends Nets to 3-2 lead
- Mize, Cabrera help Tigers send Royals to 5th straight loss
- A college hockey rivalry is re-igniting during the offseason
- “It’s been one of those quiet off-seasons you dream about”: Aaron Rodgers talks ahead of The Match