DETROIT, Mich. (WJMN) – Jared Goff is going to sleep tonight happy. The Detroit Lions got him some big time protection, drafting Oregon left tackle, Penei Sewell, with the 7th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Sewell was a dominating force in his two seasons with the Ducks. He won the 2019 Outland trophy given to the nation’s top interior offensive lineman.
Former and current Lions players took to social media to give their approval of Detroit’s selection.
Sewell is ready to join the Pride…
- Red Wings stay with coach Jeff Blashill in long-term rebuild
- Packers sign former Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert
- Lions coach Dan Campbell wants an actual pet lion; would give an arm to win a Super Bowl
- Bryant hits 2-run homer, Cubs outlast Detroit 4-2
- Howard, Jokic lead Nuggets past Pistons 104-91