DETROIT (AP) — Jakub Vrana scored four goals for the first time to help the Detroit Red Wings rout the Dallas Stars 7-3 and match their total number of wins from last season. Detroit picked up its 17th victory in its 49th game a year after winning 17 of 71 games in the previous pandemic-shortened season. The defending Western Conference champion Stars are vying with Nashville and Chicago to earn the Central Division’s fourth and final postseason berth. The teams will play a fourth straight game on Saturday night. Vrana was acquired from Washington for Anthony Mantha.
- Red Wings stay with coach Jeff Blashill in long-term rebuild
- Packers sign former Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert
- Lions coach Dan Campbell wants an actual pet lion; would give an arm to win a Super Bowl
- Bryant hits 2-run homer, Cubs outlast Detroit 4-2
- Howard, Jokic lead Nuggets past Pistons 104-91